[tabs slidertype= »left tabs » fx= »slide »][tabcontainer]
[tabtext]What is this site[/tabtext]
[tabtext]Euterpia Radio Rock[/tabtext]
[tab]Hello, welcome to the english page of Euterpia Radio. So, you want to know what this is about ? This is the site where I host my podcasts. Every week I publish an episode, one week it’s an episode of Euterpia Radio, the other week it’s an episode of Euterpia Radio Rock. What’s the difference beetween the two ? Well, click on the tabs below this one, and you’ll learn everything you want to know ![/tab]
[tab]Euterpia Radio is a a bi-weekly podcast in which I play a multiple of genre, from pop/rock to country to blues, sometimes swing and occasionnaly jazz… Basically, music that anybody can listen. The current format is 10 songs, plus one extra bonus track at the end of the show.[/tab]
[tab]Euterpia Radio Rock is a bi-weekly podcast in which I play rock songs. That can range from guitar-driven power pop, to heavy metal, hard rock, etc… Anything that need to be listen to with the volume knob turned way high ! Probably not what my mom would listen (Hi mum !) ^^[/tab]
If you’re an independent, unsigned or podsafe artist, or record label, or a publicist, and you’d like your music or the music of an artist you represent to be considered for the show, send me an mp3 using the dropbox below, remembering to include information about yourself and where you can be found online.
- Please make sure your mp3 has correct ID3 metadata tags.
- The quality of mp3s submitted should be at least 128kbps, as this is the level the show is recorded at.
- If you’ve already got your music on SoundCloud you can share an exclusive track with me, add a comment to the share, and make it downloadable. soundcloud.com/euterpia-radio
- Alternatively, you can upload a private track to your own soundcloud account, make it downloadable, then share the link. soundcloud.com/101/secret-links
I can’t promise that I’ll like and want to play everything that’s sent to me, or even have the space to play it, but I will listen to to everything I’m sent.
Since internet law is ambiguous, in large part due to the web’s international nature, we at Euterpia Radio feel that it is very important to define our stance when it comes to intellectual property and its use in on-line media. We’ve given this matter much consideration and have composed the following terms, which we feel are fair to everyone involved. We hope that you feel that way, too.
Podcast refers to a specific type of broadcast, where the Work is incorporated into a file (which may contain one or more artists and/or other material) which may be played on a MP3 player, such as Apple’s iPod, or similar device by individuals who have downloaded the file. Podcasts may also be streamed or incorporated into a collective stream or feed for delivery purposes. In these cases, the completed file, or episode, will not be altered.
These terms may change or be otherwise modified. All submissions will fall under the terms effective at the time of being received. An announcement post will be made if/when there is a policy change.
The artist recognizes and agrees to the following terms:
- You are granting The Host permission to use the submitted content in its shows, make available for download via its websites, stream via its online radio broadcasts, or anything else allowed within the scope of our license agreement.
- Submitted content will not be returned. The artist retains all rights to the content, which will not be used by The Host in any manner if the artist isn’t featured on any of the shows. Audio and video files may be made and used by The Host but, only with the artists consent. The Host owns the right to the media produced.
- As such, the shows can be distributed as deemed fit, whether via downloads, streaming media or some other technological wonder that has yet to be invented. Audio files may not be used outside of this context without the expressed consent of the artist.
- No royalties or fees will be paid to the artist (or collection company on their behalf – PRS, BMI, ASCAP, SACEM, etc) by The Host for the use of their content in the context of the already defined terms, neither in the present nor retroactively. This is a quid pro quo arrangement: free music in exchange for free publicity.
- The artist has no creative control over the podcast. Once content is podcasted or otherwise archived, removal of said content is solely at the discretion of The Host. We will, however, negotiate in good faith ‘cos that’s the kind of guys we are.
The Host recognizes and agrees to the following terms:
- The Host will respect all Artist requests to terminate the Agreement, except if it applies to previously broadcasts or released podcasts. If asked to not use submitted material in future podcasts, we won’t.
- The Host will respect the artistic integrity of the submissions. Content will not be altered apart from editorial purposes, such as using unmodified sections of a bio, or adjusting the size of an image file. Audio files will not be mashed-up, remixed, sliced, diced, distributed outside the context of the shows, except as outlined above and in our Agreement, or otherwise tampered with, unless given expressed permission by the artist.
- The Host will respect the intellectual property rights of the artist.
- The Host will link to at least one website for the artist. The host reserves the right to use affiliate iTunes, Amazon Mp3, CD Baby, or anyother online store links for the artists music unless requested otherwise. If music is available to buy direct from the artist The Host will always publicise that first, if requested to by the Artist.
If you require further clarification regarding any of these terms, please don’t hesitate to ask!
In essence, we love music, and if you want to give it to us to play on the shows, thats great. We’re promoting your wares to people who might not have heard you before, especially on the other side of the world. We will not ruin your tunes, it’s your music.